- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
An impressive three-storey detached Edwardian house, formerly a 'Gentleman's Residence', conveniently situated in Falmouth between the town and the beaches.
Recently impeccably renovated, it is now a luxury five-star home with its period charm beautifully combined with a modern contemporary feel. Popular, golden Gyllyngvase beach (award-winning café) and the vibrant heart of Falmouth with its restaurants, pubs, cafés and shops are both within a 10 minute stroll (800 yards).
Nearby spa hotels offer pampering, swimming, gyms and fine dining (Merchants Manor, 200 yards; St Michael’s Hotel, 600 yards).
Falmouth Golf Club, with its stunning views over the bay, about a mile.
Enclosed, large slate-floored patio terrace at the back with lighting, rattan furniture, parasol and barbecue, a lovely spot for sunny lunches, leisurely apéritifs and alfresco suppers. Four wide granite steps lead up to the oak front porch with stained glass panels, opening to a large entrance hall.
An alternative side entrance with ramp is suitable for guests with limited mobility.
Off the hall, a bright, stylish sitting room with bay windows, woodburner and comfy seating, a peaceful room for pre-dinner canapés or relaxing by the fire. Dining room with bay windows and long table/chairs seating 16 (additional table seating 4 available).
L-shaped kitchen with microwave, two fridge-freezers, three electric ovens/6- ring gas hob.
Utility room (dishwasher, washing machine, tumble drier). Living room with comfy seating, children’s beanbags and smart TV/DVD/Blu-ray, leading through bi-fold doors to bright, modern glass-roofed sunroom/conservatory with further bi-fold doors to 5 steps up to the patio terrace.
Ground-floor family bedroom with double and single bed, TV and en suite shower-room (wet-room suite, handrails).
Shower-room (suite). Elegant staircase with beautiful stained glass panels sweeps up to five further bedrooms, all with smart TV and en suite shower-room (suite): - Room with double (6') and twin beds (truckle), sofa and bay windows with sea views - Double (5' bed) with chaise longue in bay window (sea views) - Double (5' bed) - Double (5' bed) - Room with double (5') and single bed More stairs up to the top floor and two double bedrooms, each with smart TV and en suite shower-room (suite) and sea views.
Sleeps maximum of 16 adults.
Damages Deposit £500.
Falmouth Bay is a fabulous, beautifully styled setting for family gatherings, celebrations and sociable get-togethers for big groups of friends, with plenty to see and enjoy all around. Falmouth: large town, port and resort, beside one of the world's most beautiful natural harbours, Carrick Roads - the heart of wooded-creek Cornwall.
Brilliant place for sailing/boating, beaches, sightseeing or garden-visiting (Glendurgan, Trebah).
Sheltered sandy and rock pool beaches, yachts/boats (ferries, creek cruises), Nat.
Maritime Museum, small shops, galleries, restaurants.
Port Navas, 5 miles.
- Over three floors
- Eight bedrooms: 1 x ground floor family bedroom with double and single beds and en suite shower-room
- Five first floor bedrooms all with en suite shower rooms: 3 x king-size double, one with sea views
- 1 x family room with super king-size double and twin beds, 1 x family room with king-size double and single bed
- Two second floor double bedrooms with en suite shower-room and sea views
- Sitting room with wood burning stove and comfy seating
- Dining room with long table/chairs seating 16 (additional table seating 4 available)
- L-shaped kitchen and utility room
- First floor sitting room with comfy seating, children’s beanbags and doors to sunroom/conservatory and further doors to patio terrace
- Ground floor shower-room with shower, basin and WC.
- Central heating with wood burning stove
- Microwave, fridge-freezer, tumble dryer, washing machine, dishwasher, Smart TV with Blu-ray, DVD, WiFi, Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair available on request
- Off road parking for 12 cars
- Enclosed garden with barbecue
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Pub less than 1 mile from property, Note: This property sleeps a maximum of 16 adults
- Note: Check-in time 4pm
- Note: This property has a refundable Good Housekeeping bond of £250 Note: No stag, hen or similar party.
Note: This property has a Good Housekeeping bond of £250.
About the location
Mabe 3 miles; Penryn 2 miles; Truro 11 miles.
Falmouth, with its magnificent natural harbour (the third largest in the world), winding streets and beaches, will keep you occupied for hours. The town's old harbour-side pubs, excellent shopping, art gallery and stunning National Maritime Museum simply complete the picture. Pendennis Castle, built by Henry VIII, is Falmouth's most popular attraction, sited on its own peninsula with superb panoramic sea views. Across from Falmouth harbour is the beautiful town of St Mawes, surrounded by the rocky coves, sandy beaches and lush green countryside of the Roseland Peninsula. Go there by car (15 miles) or take the passenger ferry from Falmouth (15 minutes). For nature lovers there is the Swanpool Nature Reserve, a lagoon and site of special scientific interest teeming with a variety of wildlife. Falmouth offers such a rich variety of landscape and attractions for people of all ages, it is sure to tempt you back time and again.
Note: This property sleeps a maximum of 16 adults.