- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Washing machine
- Games Room
- Broadband / WiFi
Nestling between the patchwork green fields of Devon's rural countryside and the wild rugged moorland of Dartmoor, sits this enchanting thatch cottage.
Its position is tucked away down a private country lane, among a handful of cottages in the tiny hamlet of Higher Rexton near the village of Broadwoodwidger and the Devon/Cornwall border.
Look forward to time spent exploring the wilderness of Dartmoor, where inspiring walks through valleys and pasture will lead you to ancient moorland villages and cosy country inns.
Head West to the North Cornish for days on the beach or to hike the dramatic cliff tops, guaranteed to invigorate the senses and recharge weary souls.
Or, simply unwind in the company of family and friends, where winters evenings can be spent beside the flickering flames of the log fire, enjoying golden sunsets over the moorland, or sharing stories of the day over a bottle of wine in the southwest facing conservatory that overlooks the private enclosed garden. Damson cottage is the perfect country escape where the night owl is the only sound to break the dark silence.
Brimming with character and original features; exposed timber beams, hand-made latched wooden doors, a spiral stone staircase and low sloping ceilings are all evidence of the history of this quintessential thatched country cottage.
A welcoming sitting room is furnished with cream sofas arranged to enjoy the warming glows emanating from the log burner that sits inside a large inglenook fireplace.
A bespoke farmhouse kitchen will inspire chefs of the family who can conjure up meals on the Rangemaster cooker with induction hob.
Mealtimes can be enjoyed in the recent addition to the cottage; a large spacious conservatory leading out into the sunny enclosed garden with private gated access to a public footpath for walks in the valley below.
There are three bedrooms, one with private shower room.
Please note that access to one bedroom is very narrow with a low sloping doorway.
There is a family bathroom on the ground floor.
- 3 bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x double with en-suite shower and basin, 1 x single
- Ground floor bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC
- First floor cloak with WC and basin
- Sitting room with open fire, kitchen with breakfast bar, conservatory dining room with comfortable seating area
- Summerhouse with pool table.
- Oil central heating and woodburning stove (starter pack provided)
- Electric range cooker with induction hob, dishwasher, microwave, coffee machine, freezer and washing machine (in garage), TV with Freeview, DVD, Bluetooth speaker, Pool table, WiFi
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Lockable bike storage
- Enclosed lawned garden with furniture
- Dogs welcome at £20 each per week
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop/Pub 4 miles
- Note: Sorry, no children under 4 years
- Sorry, no barbecues due to thatch
- Note: Low eaves, ceilings and narrow doorways in areas.
About the location
Launceston 5 miles.
Lifton is a small village in the upper Tamar Valley, close to Launceston and the passing A30 road into Cornwall. This pretty community, once sitting astride the old A30 London to Penzance trunk road, is blessed with a village shop and post office, a superb pub and 3 top quality restaurants. At the far end of the village is an award winning farm shop/pick-your-own complex with a good bakery and on-site restaurant. Well placed for visiting anywhere in the South West, Dartmoor is 20 minutes away by car, Bodmin Moor is also 30 minutes and all of the major beaches and Cornish holiday attractions can be reached in under 45 minutes.
Note: Sorry, no children under 4 years. Note: Sorry, no barbecues due to thatch. Note: Low eaves, ceilings and narrow doorways in areas.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute