Kingslakes Holiday Cottages
Set between moors and coast in Mid Devon’s beautiful river country, Kingslakes offers a collection of cosy cottages and stylish lodges at this friendly, family owned development. Comprising forty acres, seven excellent fishing lakes, a children’s play area and home to a host of friendly animals, including alpacas, donkeys, goats and rabbits that you are welcome to visit. There's also a smart clubhouse with bar, restaurant and games room making Kingslakes a brilliant base from which to explore this tranquil area.
Home to ten traditional cottages, including two fully accessible cottages and six smart detached lodges, set away from it all in a quiet, secluded location, Kingslakes offer a variety of excellent accommodations. All are very well equipped with everything you’ll need and furnished with all the comforts of home to ensure a comfortable stay.
For those seeking adventure there’s plenty to choose from nearby including horse-riding, cycling or sailing at Roadford Lake. Don your walking boots and explore wild and rugged Dartmoor followed by a hearty lunch in one of many excellent country pubs. Or for a more sedate turn of pace spend a day RHS Rosemoor, a haven for gardeners, or at one of North Cornwall’s golden sandy beaches.
However you choose to spend your days, you're assured a warm and welcoming stay at Kingslakes.
Birch Tree can be found two miles from the village of Highampton in peaceful leafy countryside.
Part of the 40 acre Kingslakes estate, this is one of a small group of lakeside lodges set a short walk away from the main facilities, that include a Clubhouse, large restaurant, games room and general store.
Arranged over two floors in an upside down style to take in the views.
Entry across a gravel pathway to a spacious hallway on the ground floor.
Two attractive bedrooms lead off, a twin and a double room.
There is a ground floor shower room with shower cubicle, basin and WC.
Climb the stairs to a spacious and comfortably furnished open plan living area with sitting area with TV and Blu-ray player, a central dining area and a super smart kitchen.
A single bedroom leads off the main room.
Through patio doors a timber decked balcony has wonderful views through the trees to the fishing lakes.
There is a dedicated parking space close by.
- Over two floors
- Three bedrooms: 1 x ground floor double, 1 x ground floor twin, 1 x first floor single
- Ground floor shower room with shower cubicle, WC and basin
- First floor open-plan living area with sitting area, dining area and kitchen
- Electric central heating
- Electric oven and hob, fridge, freezer, microwave
- TV with Blu-ray player, Freeview, WiFi available in Clubhouse, selection of books and games
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot & highchair available on request
- Off road parking
- Decked outdoor area with furniture.A charcoal barbecue is available for use from reception
- Shared use of laundry with washing machines and tumble dryers, fishing lake, games room and children's play area
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop and restaurant on-site
- Note: There are a number of lakes at this property, children should be supervised
- Note: An electric mobility scooter available to hire
- Wheelchair friendly access to three lakes plus an accessible children’s play area
- Please note that the roads and paths on site are gravelled.
Note: This property has a Good Housekeeping bond of £100.
About the location
Hatherleigh 4 miles; Bude 18.5 miles; Exeter 35 miles
A small village in rural Devon, surrounded by beautiful farmland and boasting a popular village pub and shop. Highampton is within the area known as Ruby Country, and there are numerous trails for walkers and cyclists amongst Devon's unspoilt countryside. Nearby is Hatherleigh, which has a Ruby Country Market and a few interesting craft shops and galleries and, being an ancient market town, it consists of cob and thatch cottages and several old English pubs. Hatherleigh lies in the Torridge Valley, just seven miles from the edge of the Dartmoor National Park, and is a wonderful central location for the coast-to-coast long distance trail, which includes the popular Tarka Trail. Within driving distance are Okehampton Castle, the beautiful RHS Rosemoor Gardens at Torrington, and the dramatic surfing beaches around Bude. Highampton's central position makes it an ideal location from which to explore this unspoilt area of Devon.
Note: There are a number of lakes at this property, children should be supervised.
Note: An electric mobility scooter available to hire. Wheelchair friendly access to three lakes plus an accessible children’s play area.
Note: The roads and paths on site are gravelled.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute