Kingslakes Holiday Cottages
Set between moors and coast in Mid Devon’s beautiful river country, Kingslakes offers a collection of cosy cottages and stylish lodges at this friendly, family owned development. Comprising forty acres, seven excellent fishing lakes, a children’s play area and home to a host of friendly animals, including alpacas, donkeys, goats and rabbits that you are welcome to visit. There's also a smart clubhouse with bar, restaurant and games room making Kingslakes a brilliant base from which to explore this tranquil area.
Home to ten traditional cottages, including two fully accessible cottages and six smart detached lodges, set away from it all in a quiet, secluded location, Kingslakes offer a variety of excellent accommodations. All are very well equipped with everything you’ll need and furnished with all the comforts of home to ensure a comfortable stay.
For those seeking adventure there’s plenty to choose from nearby including horse-riding, cycling or sailing at Roadford Lake. Don your walking boots and explore wild and rugged Dartmoor followed by a hearty lunch in one of many excellent country pubs. Or for a more sedate turn of pace spend a day RHS Rosemoor, a haven for gardeners, or at one of North Cornwall’s golden sandy beaches.
However you choose to spend your days, you're assured a warm and welcoming stay at Kingslakes.
Two miles from Highampton and part of the 40 acre Kingslakes estate, a spacious cottage converted from part of the original barn.
The driveway leads to a gravelled parking area and reception housing a large restaurant, games room and general store.
Outside your own sunny deck (picnic bench) looking over masses of lawn space to Kitchen lake below.
Lovely open plan living area with sitting area (TV with Freeview & Blu Ray) and double patio doors to decking; neat kitchen (microwave, fridge, freezer, gas cooker) and dining area with table and chairs for six.
Two ground floor bedrooms; a twin with en-suite shower room and a double.
Wooden open tread stairs up to two further bedrooms in the eaves, a double and a twin.
Bathroom with shower cubicle, WC and basin.
Convenient, comfortable and central for beaches and moor.
- Over two floors
- Four bedrooms
- Ground floor: 1 x twin with en-suite shower room, 1 x double
- First floor: 1 x double, 1 x twin
- Shower room with shower cubicle, WC and basin
- Open-plan living area with sitting area, dining area and kitchen
- Biomass central heating
- Gas oven and hob, fridge, freezer, microwave
- TV with Freeview & Blu Ray, WiFi available in clubhouse, selection of books and games
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot & highchair available on request
- Off road parking
- Decked outdoor area with furniture
- Shared use of laundry with washing machines and tumble dryers, fishing lake, games room and children's play area
- Two well-behaved pets welcome, £20 per pet, per week
- Sorry no smoking
- Shop and restaurant on-site
- Note: There are a number of lakes at this property, children should be supervised
- Note: Electric mobility scooter available to hire
- Wheelchair friendly access to three lakes plus an accessible children’s play area
- Please note that the roads and paths on site are gravelled.
Note: This property has a Good Housekeeping bond of £100.
About the location
Hatherleigh 4 miles; Bude 18.5 miles; Exeter 35 miles
A small village in rural Devon, surrounded by beautiful farmland and boasting a popular village pub and shop. Highampton is within the area known as Ruby Country, and there are numerous trails for walkers and cyclists amongst Devon's unspoilt countryside. Nearby is Hatherleigh, which has a Ruby Country Market and a few interesting craft shops and galleries and, being an ancient market town, it consists of cob and thatch cottages and several old English pubs. Hatherleigh lies in the Torridge Valley, just seven miles from the edge of the Dartmoor National Park, and is a wonderful central location for the coast-to-coast long distance trail, which includes the popular Tarka Trail. Within driving distance are Okehampton Castle, the beautiful RHS Rosemoor Gardens at Torrington, and the dramatic surfing beaches around Bude. Highampton's central position makes it an ideal location from which to explore this unspoilt area of Devon.
Note: There are a number of lakes at this property, children should be supervised.
Note: Pets are welcome at an additional charge of £20 per pet, per week.
Note: Electric mobility scooter available to hire. Wheelchair friendly access to three lakes plus an accessible children’s play area.
Note: The roads and paths on site are gravelled.