- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
“A home from home, comfortable, well equipped, good location and lots of lovely personal touches.”
Beer is a picturesque, historic, fishing village on the coast of East Devon, located in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty that offers an array of coastal and inland activities and attractions.
Kephalo is near the heart of the village, a marvellous cottage for a group of friends or family.
Sleeping 7, plus a cot, with a garden and parking for two cars, a real bonus in the tight knit village.
No matter the time of year, this cottage makes an ideal base for exploring Devon and Dorset or with its 5 generous comfy sofas, it’s a great place to just relax.
A bright kitchen-dining area, adjoining lounge and cosy conservatory make the ground floor a great social space.
In the summer there is the addition of the attractive terraced garden with furnished summer house (unheated) and bbq terrace.
In the winter months you can head to the lounge, snuggle by the wood burning stove and set up a board game.
The dining room sits 7 plus a high chair comfortably.
There are four bedrooms: a ground floor double bedroom next to a shower room & WC, upstairs are two double rooms, one which may be set up with twin beds or a super king bed, and a single bedroom.
The village of Beer is delightful; it was a finalist in the "Village of the Year” competition in 2018.
The sheltered pebble beach is the village’s highlight.
From Easter to October Half Term three beach cafes operate; beach huts, deck chairs and self-drive motor boats equipped with fishing lines can be hired.
Fishing trips can be booked and there is a traditional wet fish shop just off the beach.
There are great rock pools to explore and the beach is a fun place to take a dip on a warm day.
In the winter, storm watching and bracing cliff walks can be followed by a retreat to one of the village’s three cosy pubs, two restaurants or its wine bar.
The village is a brilliant base for walkers.
Whether you enjoy a peaceful amble or a more challenging hike, the coastal walking routes offers splendid views.
Kephalo has the bonus of being opposite a footpath link to the South West Coast Path.
For those seeking a more educational attraction: the ancient man-made limestone caves of Beer Quarry offer the opportunity to learn more about the old working conditions of quarry miners going back to Roman times.
Pecorama in the village is a great day out, with a miniature steam railway, landscaped gardens, indoor and outdoor play areas, children’s entertainment in the summer and much, much more – a must do for any family holiday. Kephalo is a fabulous cottage for a gathering of family or friends, with plenty of space for everyone, perfect for celebrations, adventure or simply for relaxation on the East Devon coast.
- Four bedrooms: 1 x ground-floor king-size,1 x super-king-size (zip/link, can be made into twin upon request), 1 x king-size, 1 x single
- Ground-floor shower room with shower, basin and WC
- First-floor bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC
- Sitting room with woodburning stove
- Kitchen with dining area
- Conservatory with sofa
- Summer house with dining table & two sofas (unheated).
- Gas central heating and woodburning stove
- Gas oven and hob, microwave, beer fridge, fridge/freezer, freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, 3 x TV with FreeView, DVD, CD player, radio, WiFi, and a selection of games, books, and DVDs
- Fuel, power, and starter pack for woodburning stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair available
- Fixed stair gates at top and bottom of stairs
- Off-road parking for 2 cars steep drive, not suitable for low suspension cars
- Enclosed, multi-level garden with summer house, furniture, BBQ, shed for buggies and bikes – 3 sets of steps divide level areas that are fitted with 2 gates, young children should be supervised
- Sorry, no dogs and no smoking
- Shop 0.2 miles, pub 0.2 miles
Note: This property has a Good Housekeeping bond of £100.
About the location
Seaton 1.5 miles; Lyme Regis 9 miles; Sidmouth 9.5 miles; Exeter 25 miles.
Beer is a small picturesque fishing village on the south Devon coast near Seaton. The shingle beach is very sheltered, backed by limestone cliffs and was once fertile smuggling territory, plus contraband was hidden in nearby caves, which are now a popular tourist attraction. Beer is situated on the stretch of Devon coastline, known as the Jurassic Coast, a designated World Heritage Site, and the village offers sloping streets lined with picturesque stone houses and cottages built on many different levels of the steep valley sides. There are a good range of shops, friendly cafes, restaurants and pubs in Beer, plus just outside the village is the popular Pecorama Gardens, which are perched on the hill overlooking Lyme Bay. Pecorama boasts the Beer Heights Light Railway and indoor model railway exhibition, along with a childrens' play area. Beer is a unique Devon fishing village and a great place to stay.
Note: The parking space is on a gradient and may not suitable for low slung cars.
Note: The garden is enclosed and arranged over three levels linked by steps. The top tier is enclosed by a low gate. Please supervise children at all times.
This property offers the following short breaks: