- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
In a rural setting, a mile from Uffculme, a newly refurbished cottage in a pretty courtyard of cottages set around a thatched pump house, once part of an estate farm serving Bridwell Park (elegant Georgian house, now a wedding venue).
To the front, small step up to sunny low-walled terrace (table/chairs) and door to porch.
Living room with woodburner and smart TV/DVD/Blu-Ray.
Smart kitchen/dining room (dishwasher, washing machine, microwave, fridge-freezer, electric oven/induction hob) with door to large private courtyard (table/chairs).
Stairs (stairgates) up to two bedrooms - a double with views to the front, and, at the back, a twin.
Small reading room with space for cot.
Large bathroom (suite with separate shower).
An accessible and friendly base from which to explore the Blackdown Hills and beyond. Uffculme: large village (two pubs, PO/shop, tennis courts, woollen mill museum) on the River Culm and sheltered by the beautiful Blackdown Hills (walking, cycling, horse riding), a handy central location for exploring the West Country.
Diggerland family attraction, 3 miles.
Cullompton (farmers market), 5 miles; Tiverton (horse-drawn barge trips), 7.
Easy access (M5, 2 miles).
On bus route; mainline railway station, 3 miles.
- Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin
- Bathroom with bath, separate shower, WC, basin
- Downstairs hall
- Sitting room with wood burning stove
- Kitchen with dining area and door to courtyard
- Ground floor WC with basin.
- Central heating with wood burning stove
- Microwave, fridge-freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with Blu-ray, DVD, WiFi, Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair available on request, Off road parking for three cars
- Enclosed courtyard garden with barbecue
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Note: This property has a refundable Good Housekeeping bond of £100
Note: This property has a Good Housekeeping bond of £100.
Calculate your drive time
About the location
Tiverton 7 miles; Exeter 18 miles; Taunton 18 miles.
Located in the lush green countryside to the east of Exeter, this small rural community provides a welcome change from the demands of modern living. Almost midway between Dartmoor and Exmoor, and just a 40-minute drive to Exmouth and the beautiful South Devon coast, it is a perfect base for touring the area’s many attractions. Footpaths, fields and abundant natural wildlife characterise the surrounding landscape, several National Trust stately homes and gardens are within easy reach, and the Cathedral city of Exeter is a mere 18 miles away.