- Swimming pool
- Ground floor bedroom
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Broadband / WiFi
Nestled on the hillside on the outskirts of the village of East Portlemouth lies the stylish Gara Rock Complex. This beautiful collection of properties possess a commanding position on the South Devon Coast, boasting panoramic views from the headlands of Prawle Point and beyond the Salcombe Estuary to Bolt Tail. All of the accommodation at Gara Rock boast contemporary bath and shower rooms, sleek kitchens featuring granite countertops and all the required essentials, high quality furnishings and a neutral décor, accented with tasteful splashes of colour. A number of the properties offer private balconies or sun terraces, furnished and featuring exquisite views across the sea, some of which also have the added the luxury of a private hot tub. Guest are welcome to enjoy the plentiful facilities available on site at Gara Rock. Work up a sweat in the brand new fitness suite, recline in a bubbling Jacuzzi, catch a film in the Cinema Room or indulge in a delicious meal while taking in the sunset from The Restaurant’s floor-to-ceiling windows. The rest of the facilities include a spa with an indoor heated pool, sauna and beauty suite offering treatments (at additional cost). Communal gardens with an outdoor swimming pool with sun loungers and access to a secluded golden cove, as well as a stylish lounge and bar area. The properties at Gara Rock are ideally located for exploring South Devon. The South West Coast Path runs below the complex, offering walking opportunities towards the beautiful beaches of East Portlemouth or East Prawle and Start Point. Salcombe is a short walk and a five-minute ferry ride away, offering plenty of independent shopping and dining opportunities, as well as more beaches and opportunities to enjoy some watersports. There are numerous other towns and villages to visit, such as historic Dartmouth, quaint Cockington or bustling centres like Torquay and Plymouth, or if dramatic moors are more your thing, Dartmoor is within easy driving distance.
Apartment 7: a light and spacious ground-floor apartment, the largest of all the apartments.
Sliding doors from terrace (picnic table, good coastal views) to good-sized open-plan living/dining/kitchen (dishwasher, microwave, freezer, cooker with induction hob, TV/DVD).
Three bedrooms – a large double (5’ bed) with door to terrace (views) and en suite shower-room (suite), a twin (linkable to 6’ double), and a twin with TV/DVD and optional additional single bed (best for small child).
Bathroom (suite, shower over bath).
Washer-drier in cupboard.
- All ground floor
- Three bedrooms: 1 x double (5'bed) with en-suite shower, basin and WC
- 1 x twin (zip/link)
- 1 x twin with additional single (for small child)
- Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC
- Open-plan sitting, kitchen and dining area.
- Underfloor heating
- Electric oven and induction hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washer/dryer, dishwasher
- TV with Freeview, DVD, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair available on request
- 1 designated parking space extra parking in visitors parking
- One well behaved pet welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub are 1 mile away if travelling by passenger ferry to Salcombe
- Note: Guests have exclusive, all-year-round access to indoor swimming pool, Jacuzzi, sauna and steam room
- Note: From the beginning of April to the end of September guests also have access to the outdoor swimming pool with changing rooms, showers and sunbathing terrace with loungers, There is also a spa (treatments extra) available from 19th October 2018 and cinema room which is accessible by all guests
- Note: The Gara Rock Hotel offers a contemporary restaurant for informal dining
- Note: Due to ongoing upgrades to the development please see the notes at the bottom of this web page for further information.
Note: This property has a Good Housekeeping bond of £100.
About the location
South Pool 3 miles; Kingsbridge 8; Salcombe 1 mile (by passenger ferry) 15.8 miles (by car).
East Portlemouth is a tranquil village nestled on the southern edge of the Kingsbridge Estuary in the South Devon Coast Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. The small number of properties that make up this settlement are scattered on the hillside and around the cliff, with part of the village once being home to Coastguards employed during the nineteenth century to prevent any smuggling on this section of the South West Coast Path.
Nowadays the village offers a little cafe (open only on dry days) and a number of tiny peaceful beaches - Fisherman's Cove, Smalls Cove and Mill Bay - all of which have been awarded Safe Bathing status.
Further inland situated creekside, is the pretty village of South Pool with its delightful pub, the Millbrook Inn. A haven for food-lovers, this establishment serves a heady combination of fresh English ingredients with traditional Galic cooking.
Just across the estuary is the popular resort of Salcombe with its charming independent boutiques and plentiful selection of cafes, bars and restaurants, which can be reached easily by a five minute pedestrian ferry ride. Further down the coast are the historic town of Dartmouth with its Castle and the bustling city of Plymouth with its museums, aquarium, theatres, shopping and the Barbican.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute