- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
A mile from Ilsington, in the tiny farming hamlet of Lounston, a rural, detached, upside down cottage for two.
Tucked away down a farm track (partly unmade), there is good walking from the doorstep on footpaths/quiet lanes.
Behind the cottage, a raised garden, mostly grassed with paved area (table/chairs).
Across the lane, an acre of private woodland conservation area to explore (own risk; dogs on leads) with picnic bench and wildlife ponds (unfenced - care needed; visited/tended occasionally by the owners family).
Inside, stylishly done with charming touches.
From the garden, 2 steps up to door into living/dining room with neat kitchen area (slimline dishwasher, microwave, fridge, electric cooker) with oak floor (rug) and TV/DVD/Blu-ray.
Downstairs, a fabulous roomy double bedroom (zip-linked 6' bed or twin, TV/DVD) with step down to en suite bathroom (suite, deep double bath and separate shower, washing machine in cupboard).
No children, except pre-crawling babies.
An excellent spot for those seeking peace, nature or a romantic hideaway.Two small or one large well-behaved dogs welcome.
Dogs are not permitted downstairs in the bedroom area.
Ilsington: pretty little village (church, shop, good food pub) on Dartmoor's farmed and wooded south-eastern slopes, through which flows the River Lemon to Teignmouth, its ancient wooded valley a Site of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI) and habitat for woodland birds and butterflies.
Haytor (massive granite outcrop), 2 miles.
Easy access to A38, 2½ miles.
- 1 x super king double bedroom (converts to twin) downstairs with en suite bathroom with bath, WC, basin, shower
- Upstairs sitting room with dining area
- Kitchen area.
- Electric panel heaters with underfloor heating in the bathroom
- Microwave, fridge, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with freesat Blu-ray, DVD, WiFi, Phone, Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for two cars
- Two small or one large well-behaved dogs welcome
- Dogs are not permitted downstairs in the bedroom area
- Sorry no smoking
- Note: This property does not accept children except babes in arms
- Note: Woodland visited/tended occasionally by the owners
- Note: Ponds are unfenced.
Note: This property has a Good Housekeeping bond of £100.
About the location
Haytor Vale is a very pretty hamlet of white cottages beside the old coaching inn, The Rock on Dartmoor's southeastern edge just one mile from the market town of Bovey Tracey.
Note: This property does not accept children except babes in arms.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute