- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
In Lower Cator, beside a very quiet lane, with the occasional passing tractor, a relaxing 'upside down' cottage, one of two converted from a big barn.
Outside, large, mown-grass enclosed garden and patio (table/chairs).
Large and lovely open-plan living/dining/kitchen (dishwasher, microwave, larder fridge, electric Aga) with scissor-beam ceiling, granite worktops, woodburner, TV/DVD, iPod dock and glazed doors (the original hayloft opening) to sunny patio.
Downstairs, good-sized lobby (washing machine, table-top freezer), space for coats/boots and three bedrooms - a double with en suite shower-room, a room with two singles (3 steps, 5'9" beam, limited clothes-hanging space), and a single.
One small dog permitted from 1 September to 1 May.
A truly beautiful location in the heart of the southern moor. Lower Cator: hamlet in a hill-farmed valley in the middle of Dartmoor, so brilliantly placed for moor exploring and cycling.
Widecombe-in-the-Moor, the River Dart (lovely moorland walk via tors) and Dartmeet, 2 miles.
Ashburton (nearest town), about 7 miles, the sea at Torbay, 19.
- Over two floors
- Three ground floor bedrooms: 1 x double with en suite shower room, 1 x twin, 1 x single
- Open-plan living area with sitting area with scissor-beam ceiling, wood burning stove and a door with glazed side panels (the original hayloft opening) to sunny patio
- Kitchen with granite worktops
- Bathroom with bath, basin and WC.
- Electric panel heaters with wood burning stove
- Electric Aga, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with DVD, WiFi, Phone, Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for two cars
- Enclosed garden
- One small well-behaved dog welcome, Sorry no smoking
- Note: One small dog allowed only between September - May
- Note: This property has a private water supply which is tested regularly.
Note: This property has a Good Housekeeping bond of £100.
About the location
Widecombe is tucked away in a Dartmoor valley with the spectacular moorland and tors rising up on all sides, making it a perfect location for walkers, mountain bikers, riders or those that love dramatic landscapes.
Note: Pets allowed between September - May only.
Note: No Stag or Hen Party's