- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Games Room
- Broadband / WiFi
This magnificent holiday base is located close to the South Devon coastline, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, peppered with picturesque coves and sandy beaches, just six miles away.
Heathfield Down is a semi detached farmhouse situated within 15 acres of grounds, on the outskirts of Modbury, well-appointed for families or friends.
The elegant interior is divided between three floors, with 6 beautiful bedrooms and 3 bathrooms located upstairs, presented in a collection of original styles.
You will be spoilt for choice, particularly between the master suite, and characterful twin rooms, all decorated with a lovely unique twist.
A cosy lounge and second sitting room is situated on the ground floor, with a charming dining room, centred by a woodburner to warm those memorable nights in.
With countryside views and timber features, this retreat is exceptionally designed, to provide guests with a true sense of relaxation.
Make the most of the welcome pack in your leisure time, which includes wine, chocolates and flowers, a nice start to a fun-filled holiday.
Enjoy acres of grounds with a private lawned orchard with slate patio and furniture, ideal for a sunny afternoon barbecue.
Modbury, with its shops, old inn, craft centre and impressive church, lies just 2 miles away.
At Bigbury-on-Sea, visitors can follow a 4-mile long "tidal lane" during low tide or visit Burgh Island, with its 14th-century inn and smuggling connections.
There is golf and fishing nearby, as well as views towards Dartmoor National Park; a haven for walkers and nature lovers.The market town of Kingsbridge is just 8 miles with a fine selection of independent shops, cafes and restaurants and beautiful estuary walks.
Plymouth with its extensive shopping is 14 miles.
- Over three floors
- Six bedrooms: 1 x first floor master with en-suite bath, hand-held shower, basin and WC, 2 x first floor king size double, 1 x second floor double, 1 x second floor twin, 1 x first floor twin
- Bathroom with bath, shower over, handheld shower, basin and WC
- Second floor bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC
- Separate WC
- Kitchen/diner with woodburner
- Utility accessed from external staircase
- Second floor sitting room
- 2 x Sitting room with open fires.
- Oil central heating with open fires and woodburner
- Electric/gas oven and gas hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, 2 x washer/dryer, dishwasher, 2 x TV with Freeview, TV with Sky, BT Sports, DVD, CD, DAB radio, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel, power and starter pack for fire inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair
- Off-road parking for three cars
- Lawned orchard with slate patio and furniture and BBQ
- Shared lawned area to the front (drop off at end)
- Rear patio with seating
- Grounds of 15 acres
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 1 mile
- Note: Steep stairs up to second floor
- Note: A £250 Good Housekeeping Bond
- Note: Unprotected drop off at the end of front garden
About the location
Plymouth 12 miles.
The small and delightful Georgian market town of Modbury rests in the heart of an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, on the western side of Devon's glorious South Hams district. Modbury offers a range of shops, cosy pubs and good quality restaurants. Surrounded by unspoilt rolling fields and bordered by a stunning coastline, this is a place for those who enjoy great opportunities for walking, cycling, golfing, sailing, surfing and sea bathing. Explore the matchless South Devon coast with its fabulous sandy beaches and its breathtakingly beautiful coastal path or simply take time to visit some of the charming estuary towns and villages dotted throughout the area, such as Salcombe, Kingsbridge and Dartmouth. The city of Plymouth and the wild open spaces of Dartmoor are also both close at hand. A brilliant holiday location at any time of year.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute