- Swimming pool
- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Games Room
- Broadband / WiFi
2 miles from North Bovey, in a lovely setting, is Bovey Castle, built in 1907 as a country seat for the heir to the WH Smith empire and now a luxury hotel.
Hidden in the grounds are 22 private, granite-built lodges of which we offer 6.
These smart, stylish, comfy lodges look over the Edwardian gardens, lake and tennis courts; parking is a 5 minute walk from the lodges (unloading/loading closer).
All the hotel facilities are yours to enjoy, including indoor heated swimming pool (65' x 19'6" x 4'6" deep; children welcome between 9am and 5.30pm when accompanied by an adult), gym, steam room, sauna, spa (beauty treatments) and restaurants.
Outside are hard and grass tennis courts (lessons available), croquet lawn (seasonal) and children's climbing frame, trampoline, slide and swings.
Playroom for children under 8 (available school holidays and half-terms) with egg collecting and ferrets; 8 to 14 year olds can join the Bovey Rangers (school holidays only, extra) for activities ranging from rock climbing to survival skills.
Optional activities for adults include archery, rifle shooting, fly fishing, falconry (daily display), riding, clay pigeon shooting and cider and sloe gin making.
Mountain bikes available, by arrangement (extra).
Wrapped around the hotel and lodges is a championship 18 hole golf course with driving range and pro shop.
For something a little quieter, there's the 275 acre estate to roam (wellies provided).
If you dont feel like cooking, book a table at the hotel's restaurant or brasserie.
The friendly hotel staff will help you arrange any activities you wish.
An exceptional place to stay.
Maid service available (extra).
Arrival after 4pm.
Two-night breaks not available.
Claret Tor is in the upper row of lodges (next to Cox Tor, A231).
Porch into first-floor kitchen (dishwasher, microwave, freezer, larder fridge, electric cooker) with French windows to balcony deck (table/chairs); living room with living flame gas fire, smart TV/DVD/PVR and views over the gardens.
Stairs down to two double bedrooms (doors to deck), one with 5' bed and en suite bathroom (suite, shower over bath) and the other with 6' bed (or twin) and en suite shower-room (suite).
Utility room (washer-drier).
Open tread wood stairs from the living room up to another double bedroom (6' bed) with en suite bathroom (suite, shower over bath). North Bovey: postcard-pretty village (medieval church) with tree-shaded green in the beautiful wooded valley of the mini River Bovey, two lane-miles from the spectacular open moor around Manaton or Moretonhampstead.
- Over three levels
- 3 x super king double bedrooms (one converts to twin), two on the lower floor with en suite bathroom with bath, shower over, WC and basin and en suite shower room with shower, WC and basin, and the other on the top floor with en suite bathroom with bath, shower over, WC and basin
- Middle floor sitting room with gas fire
- Middle floor WC with basin
- Lower floor utility room.
- Central heating with gas fire
- Microwave, fridge, freezer, washer-dryer, dishwasher, Smart TV, DVD, BluRay, WiFi, Payphone, Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair available on request, Off road parking
- Tennis court, barbecue, indoor pool
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome, Sorry no smoking
- Pub less than 1 mile from property
- Note: Restricted use of hotel and children's facilities - 24th, 25th, 26th and 27th & 31st December 2020 and 1st January 2021 (brasserie, pool, spa, gym and golf still available)
- Hotel facilities may also occasionally be restricted at other times
- Note: This property has a private water supply which is tested regularly
- Note: Check-in time 4pm
- Note: Wedding licence at hotel
- Note: This property only accepts bookings of 7, 14, 21 or 28 nights.
Note: This property has a Good Housekeeping bond of £100.
About the location
A picturesque town at the northern point of Dartmoor National Park in Devon, Chagford is small in size but is packed with amenities and things to do. There is a wide range of shops as well as four pubs. Chagford also has more active facilities such as public tennis court and an open-air swimming pool to enjoy at your leisure.
Note: From midday on 13th June to midday on 19th June 2021, the main area of the hotel is reserved for exclusive use, (all lounges, main bar, Great Western restaurant and all bedrooms). Guests at the Lodges still have use of the pool area, gym, golf course, Smith's Brasserie and Elan Spa, with access to these through Smith's Brasserie not the main hotel entrance.
Note: Restricted use of hotel and children's facilities - 24th, 25th, 26th and 27th & 31st December 2020 and 1st January 2021 (brasserie, pool, spa, gym and golf still available). Hotel facilities may also occasionally be restricted at other times.
Note: This property only accepts bookings of 7, 14, 21 or 28 nights.