During these difficult times the safety of our people, our customers and our property owners is of paramount importance to us.
The situation is changing daily. We continue to follow guidance from the government, and we are keeping this page and our policies under constant review.
Find out more about the government’s guidance here: https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
We recognise the need for some customers to alter their holiday arrangements due to the current situation and we will work closely with our owners to enable this.
Our policy on amendments is as follows:
- If you are due to travel on or before 3rd July 2020 you can amend travel dates within the same property. You will not be charged an amendment fee.
- Any increase in the holiday cost (due to seasonal changes – see here for more detail on pricing) will be charged.
- If you find that your amended travel date is cheaper, we will transfer the difference back to your Sykes Holiday Cottages account as a credit.
- In the event you select a new date that subsequently falls within extended government-imposed travel restrictions, again there will be no amendment fee to amend your booking to a more suitable date.
- In the event a property is not available for the dates you wish to amend your booking to, we are asking customers to email us directly to see what we can do to help. Please email email@example.com and we will do our best to help you. We are currently prioritising in date of email order, so please bear with us
Note – the following is only applicable for customers due to travel on or before 21st June 2020:
We are working hard to facilitate refunds (subject to the owner’s consent). Our owners are working with us in order to do this.
If you are unable to find a suitable date to amend your booking to, please log into your account online to request a refund.
Subject to the owner’s consent, we will then issue you with all funds returned to us by the owner of the property to your original payment method (i.e debit / credit card).
As a goodwill gesture we will issue ex-gratia account credits to your account for the value of our commission and fees which we were paid by the property owner for facilitating your booking.
These credits can be used at any of the Sykes portfolio of properties for holidays departing within 24 months from the date of issue and are subject to further terms and conditions which we will notify you of. Credits can be used to purchase multiple holidays until the account balance has been exhausted.
Due to the volume of bookings affected this may take some time so please bear with us.